At some point you might need to pay your credit card bill using cash.
For whatever reason that might be, it IS possible.
Most credit cards come with an app. If you open the app and navigate to the branch / ATM finder.
Once there you will want to search for Bank Branches.
Once you find your local branch you can go there and pay with cash.
But what if there isn’t a branch in your area?
Should you just look for an ATM to make a payment?
No. Most of the ATM’s you will find don’t allow you to make a deposit.
At this point you will have to find either a Moneygram or Western Union teller. This option is not cheap but it will let you pay your Capitol One credit card using cash.
Pro tip: Almost every Walmart has a MoneyGram or Western Union at their money services desk.
Here is what you need to do to pay your Capitol One card with MoneyGram:
- Locate a teller
- give them the code 1013, They should be able to tell it’s Capitol One at this point.
- Give them your 16 digit credit card number.
- There is a fee of $9.99 to make your payment.
Call Capitol One at 1 (800) 227-4825 with your reference number and they’ll make the amount of your payment available immediately.
To make your payment with Western Union
- Locate a teller
- They’ll need a city code – CapOne/VA + card number
- they’ll also need a client id which you can get by calling them at 1 (800) 227-4825
- Make your payment plus the Western Union fee
- Keep your reference # if you’d like you make your balance made available immediately by giving it to a customer service representative at Capitol One.
That’s it! It is not the cheapest way to make a payment. You’re far better off making the payment with a connected bank account. But this will work if you need it.
Let me know if this works for you in the comments!