There are an abundance of side jobs and gigs out there to make extra money every month.
Whether your looking to pay down debt or get your investment to a level where your going to be able to retire early. There are many reasons to go out and earn more money.
After reading this article you will have an idea of how to increase your earnings and achieve your goals.
- Most pizza joints are looking for delivery drivers all the time. We live in a convenience economy and delivery is getting more popular every day.
- Perks of being a delivery driver
- They hire quickly so you will be making extra money almost instantly.
- You get free pizza when you work.
- People tip pretty well with an average tip of $5
- Pizza delivery drivers are paid hourly, by the mile and with tips, you can make over $20 an hour delivering pizza.
- They are happy to let you work 2 or 3 days a week.
Overall I think this is one of the best side jobs someone can get. It’s easy, flexible and honestly a fun environment to work in. You can also look at the other places offering delivery services like Jimmy Johns, or the local Chinese restaurant.
Uber is a great side gig because it’s the ultimate flexibility. You can drive any time you want!
- Drive whenever or where ever you want. Check out my case study of driving early in the morning.
- You get tips
- Uber gives the option to instantly deposit your cash into your account. Drive for a hour or two before going out for the night and you’ve covered your cost already.
- You can use it when your in a pinch and need cash quickly.
- The pay has continually decreased.
- You have to deal with strangers in your car.
- You don’t know where your trip is going to take you, so you could end up driving a long ways in a direction you don’t want to go.
- Sometimes it can be very slow and you don’t make much money.
- Wear and tear on your vehicle.
This option is a good one. If your even thinking of doing it I’d recommend getting set up with Uber now so when you want to, you can just go out instead of waiting for approval.
There are many places places that offer valet for their customers. But the most common are restaurants and hotels.
If you are wanting to be a valet driver in the morning you will make the most money at a hotel. Guests are leaving and leave bigger tips for the guy who brings them their car then for the guy who they drop it off with.
If your thinking the evenings are for you then the restaurants are where you’re going to make the money.
Valet drivers typically make a lower than minimum wage hourly pay but make up for it with tips. I was a Valet driver in college and could make between $20 and $100 per night, it really will vary.
- You get to drive a variety of cars; once customer will show up in a beat up Honda Civic, then the next will have a Mercedes G Wagon.
- You get really good and parking in small places.
- It’s easy.
- People you work with will usually be pretty laid back.
- It can be slow and you will go home with $15 after 4 hours some nights.
- If the weather is bad, you in it till your shift is over.
- It’s weekends where your going to make you money, so kiss those good bye.
Valet driving is another high turnover job where you can get hired quickly, make some extra cash when you need to and have some fun while doing it.
For anyone reading this, PLEASE tip the drivers when you drop off your car AND pick it up, they are different people and only one of them is making the money if you don’t. Thanks 🙂
Many vendors are looking for help on on just one or two days per week at their farmers market stands. You can often make pretty good money working only one day per week. This is a good option if you’re just looking for a little extra money to pay down a student loan or credit card.
I’ll be adding more to this article shortly. If there is a side job or gig that has worked great for you leave it in the comments and we’ll add it to the article.